Nova editions of Klingon/Romulan Armada now available

Stuff you need to know

Nova editions of Klingon/Romulan Armada now available

Postby cricket » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:29 pm

Majestic Twelve Games is thrilled to be offering new versions of Klingon Armada and Romulan Armada, updated for use with the Nova Edition of Starmada: The Universal Game of Starship Combat.

Klingon Armada is a sourcebook for Starmada that gives players the chance to enter the rich and vast playground of the Star Fleet Universe. This product contains all of the rules options, additions, and starship designs necessary for players to pit forces of the Klingon Empire against their perpetual enemies, the Star Fleet of the United Federation of Planets. Romulan Armada is a sourcebook which contains all of the rules options, additions, and starship designs necessary for players to include forces of the Romulan Star Empire in their Star Fleet Universe games.

Each of these products stands alone -- while ownership of the Starmada Nova Rulebook is recommended, it is not required. The essential Starmada rules are included in both Klingon and Romulan Armada!

Both books are available from the Majestic Twelve Games web site: www.mj12games.com/starmada/
Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
www.mj12games.com
cricket
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Nova editions of Klingon/Romulan Armada now available

Postby murtalianconfederacy » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:44 pm

I think you know the question I'm about to ask--do they contain bases? I'm guessing so, since SAE RA did, but...

Also, are you shipping them or is ADB handling the shipping?
Staff Door at my local Waterstones:

"This door is alarmed"

:) :)
murtalianconfederacy
Admiral
Admiral

Postby cricket » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:52 pm

murtalianconfederacy wrote:I think you know the question I'm about to ask--do they contain bases? I'm guessing so, since SAE RA did, but...

The ships in each book remain the same.

Also, are you shipping them or is ADB handling the shipping?

If you order from the mj12games site, we do the shipping.
Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
www.mj12games.com
cricket
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Postby murtalianconfederacy » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:56 pm

Okay...:)

EDIT: just read my question, and the words 'rules for' weren't there--I meant to ask if the rules for bases were still there... :oops:

"This door is alarmed"

murtalianconfederacy
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Whiplash » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:51 pm

When and where will PDF versions be available?
Whiplash
Midshipman
Midshipman

Postby Blacklancer99 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:28 pm

cricket wrote:Majestic Twelve Games is thrilled to be offering new versions of Klingon Armada and Romulan Armada, updated for use with the Nova Edition of Starmada: The Universal Game of Starship Combat.

Klingon Armada is a sourcebook for Starmada that gives players the chance to enter the rich and vast playground of the Star Fleet Universe. This product contains all of the rules options, additions, and starship designs necessary for players to pit forces of the Klingon Empire against their perpetual enemies, the Star Fleet of the United Federation of Planets. Romulan Armada is a sourcebook which contains all of the rules options, additions, and starship designs necessary for players to include forces of the Romulan Star Empire in their Star Fleet Universe games.

Each of these products stands alone -- while ownership of the Starmada Nova Rulebook is recommended, it is not required. The essential Starmada rules are included in both Klingon and Romulan Armada!

Both books are available from the Majestic Twelve Games web site: http://www.mj12games.com/starmada/

Dan, are there any rules in these two volumes that are not in the Nova Rulebook? It seems that there are a lot of the "Trekmada" rules already built into the Core Nova Edition. So I guess, other than getting ships & specific weapons updated for the new system, what would be my incentive for shelling out cash for these? Gimme the pitch ;)
Cheers,
Erik
Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable.
Mark Twain.
Blacklancer99
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby murtalianconfederacy » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:10 pm

Well, the rules for bases aren't in the core book, and I'd suspect that the conversion notes for weapons with the SAE 'Fighter-Exclusive' trait would be in there.

I think Dan said a few months ago that he might post up the relevent rules to allow people who had KA/RA to convert the vessels themselves if they wanted, but not sure if that will still happen.../shrugs

"This door is alarmed"

murtalianconfederacy
Admiral
Admiral

Postby mikeaxe » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:29 am

May I second the request for PDF versions. I currently have all the Admiral edition rules but I am reluctant to shell out for the new NOVA edition trekkie books. I would however be willing to pay for the cheaper (hopefully :) ) PDF versions.

Mike P
Mike P.
mikeaxe
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby drneuro » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:49 am

Whiplash wrote:When and where will PDF versions be available?

I also would prefer to get pdf versions of Nova editions of Klingon/Romulan and Battleship Armada; when can we get those? I would like to buy these asap to use in an upcoming gaming session.
Please advise.
drneuro

Postby Blacklancer99 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:56 am

murtalianconfederacy wrote:
I think Dan said a few months ago that he might post up the relevent rules to allow people who had KA/RA to convert the vessels themselves if they wanted, but not sure if that will still happen.../shrugs

I would personally prefer that, but I wasn't going to hold my breath.
E
Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable.
Mark Twain.
Blacklancer99
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Next

Return to News