Car Wars / Road Warrior

What's next?
Ironchicken
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

Postby Ironchicken » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:29 pm

Next turn Dan wants to make a 90° turn without skidding to get a shot.

At the beginning of the turn he brakes to 40MPH (braking can be performed at the beginning or end of a turn) 1 handling, 3 remaining.

He then moves 3 and makes a 90° turn. SDN1 difficulty 3 total 3 handling. Safe with 0 handling left. He then moves 1 forward to end his move. He has a good shot and uses 2 driving skill to aim. He also accelerates back up to 60 to keep his options open. At the end of the turn he has 2 driver skill left and no Handling therefore he recovers 2. It is unlikely he will do much maneouvering next turn whilst he struggles to get the car back under his control.

jimbeau
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby jimbeau » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:12 pm

okay, now handling makes sense, and is completly confusing at the same time but I think I can muddle through again. we'll see

I want to pick my own handling and armor. and engine stats too.

And, what is a small template and how does that work?

Ironchicken
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

Postby Ironchicken » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:26 pm

A GW scatter die is just a die with arrows on it. a spinner or a coin with an arrow on both sides would do just the same. It is just a way to get a random direction.

Small template is 3" diameter circle and a large is 5" diameter.

Everyone I know has all these. Bad assumption on my part sorry.

Ironchicken
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

Postby Ironchicken » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:44 pm

The skid thing....

From a start position with a die roll (or spinner, coin whatever)..

A fishtail involves rotating the car the minimum to align its centre-line with the direction arrow

A spin involves rotating the car the maximum to align its centre-line with the direction arrow (effectively fishtail+180°)

Inretrospect it would be better that a spin just aligned the car with the arrow. Totally random new direction. This would avoid someone using the spin as a free bootleg. I think I will change it to that.

jimbeau
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby jimbeau » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:44 pm

Keep the spin because sometimes when the car spins it hits stuff along the spin. and you need to deal with that in the rules

Return to “Game Design”