Battleships Armada

The Universal Game of Starship Combat

Re: Battleships Armada

Postby OldnGrey » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:58 pm

Marauder wrote:BTW, I know there was some discussion a ways back about doing a compendium of all your SFU conversions. Is this still something your considering - I'd love to have it all in one file- and I already have the Nova rulebook - so I'd just need ships and any SFU specific stuff.

-Tim

It might have been a nice thought but I can not see ADB wanting to give away future sales of the Nova versions, which are currently the ones being promoted (AE having to be ordered).

Paul
OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby drneuro » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:56 am

Daniel, do you know when the pdf version of the Battleships Armada -Nova-product will be available on e23?
drneuro

Postby cricket » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:34 pm

No, I'm afraid I don't.
Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
www.mj12games.com
cricket
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Postby cricket » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:00 pm

Battleships Armada is now available for pre-orders: http://store.starfleetstore.com/merchan ... ry_Code=01
Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
www.mj12games.com
cricket
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Postby BeowulfJB » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:28 am

I just ordered a copy.
It will be fun seeing "Book Ships" that are larger than, and have a higher CR than my DNs... :o
Darn the Fusion Torpedoes; full speed ahead!
Victory is blasting hostile ships to space junk before they blast you into space junk...
BeowulfJB
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby BeowulfJB » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:17 pm

Hello everyone,
My copy of Battleships Armada arrived yesterday. It is great! Not only are there the Starmada versions of StarFleetBattles biggest ships, but there are starbases lso as well s some smaller ships. I like the way ESGs are introduced also. There are also options to deal with the shielding on these ships that is more like the way that shields are handled in SFB. Bravo! This is well done. 8-)
Cheers
Victory is blasting hostile ships to space junk before they blast you into space junk...
BeowulfJB
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby werdegast » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:50 pm

I can't wait for the pdf to be released.
werdegast
Midshipman
Midshipman

Postby BeowulfJB » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:16 am

A gaming buddy and I were looking at Battleships Armada this afternoon. We had few questions:

Can all of expendible seekers in the Drone Racks on the Federation/Klingon/Khazinti ships fire at once? If so it will be a massive barrage that would resemble a salvo of Capital-ship missiles launched from External-0rdance Racks on Starfire ships...

I was wondering why the Phaser Fours don't fire out to 24 or even 30 hexes? In SFB, these base-mounted weapons had the longest range.

I like the idea of making Armor into "Shields" and then using half for Front Shields, the FF arc & the other half for the Aft Shields covering nearly all of the AX arc. Does this change the cost of a ship, that is, can all ships use this option?

I was couriouswhyno weapons have the Acr weapon trait? It would allow these ships to have 1/3 leassweapons with the same firepower & cost. It also allows gamers to roll fewer dice. All of my personal ships have Acr.

All in all, this Battleships Armada is impressive. I like the way webs are done. Brilliant!

Cheers
BeowulfJB
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Stephen.Tarheel » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:37 pm

Do we have an ETA of when the PDF copy of Battleship Armada will be released?

Thanks
Stephen.Tarheel
Midshipman
Midshipman

Postby mikeaxe » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:23 am

May I second the PDF question please.
Mike P.
mikeaxe
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PreviousNext