Other Items for Wardogs

Mechanized warfare in the XXXIV Century

Moderator: go0gleplex

go0gleplex
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Other Items for Wardogs

Postby go0gleplex » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:25 pm

So I need to add "Kaiju" rules/setting to my radar along with the Wardogs: RPG, eh? (oh...did I say that out loud? :twisted: )
"Our past shapes us, our choices define us, our desires propel us, and those we let into our hearts give us the strength to persevere even when our dreams lay shattered behind us." - me

fodder
Midshipman
Midshipman

Postby fodder » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:47 pm

go0gleplex wrote:So I need to add "Kaiju" rules/setting to my radar along with the Wardogs: RPG, eh? (oh...did I say that out loud? :twisted: )

YOU SAID IT OUT LOUD YOU HAVE TO DO IT!!! **runs**
Well, somebody's shootin' somebody! Let's go find us a war.

thedugan
Admiral
Admiral

Postby thedugan » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:04 am

go0gleplex wrote:So I need to add "Kaiju" rules/setting to my radar along with the Wardogs: RPG, eh? (oh...did I say that out loud? :twisted: )

What the heck happened to my post....maybe I timed out.

I'd make the RPG (if you're having one) and a 'Kaiju' game seperate. It doesn't HAVE to be in the Wardogs ruleset - I initially started bugging the ARES crowd - no bites so far... :(
Becuz I'm da friggin' ART FAIRY - dats why!

Big Bang = Let there be LIGHT!

go0gleplex
Admiral
Admiral

Postby go0gleplex » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:05 am

Given how easy it is already to create Kaiju with the existing rules, all I had in mind was a few pages at most of simple customization stuff. No need for a whole big thing.

The RPG is something down the road a ways. Again more of a sourcebook than a new game for a system that I use for FRPG I think would fit very well. Got to get the stuff I'm already committed to (for) done first...which is about 3-5 other projects including the two I'm currently spending time on. :)
"Our past shapes us, our choices define us, our desires propel us, and those we let into our hearts give us the strength to persevere even when our dreams lay shattered behind us." - me

thedugan
Admiral
Admiral

Postby thedugan » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:49 am

go0gleplex wrote:Given how easy it is already to create Kaiju with the existing rules, all I had in mind was a few pages at most of simple customization stuff. No need for a whole big thing.

The RPG is something down the road a ways. Again more of a sourcebook than a new game for a system that I use for FRPG I think would fit very well. Got to get the stuff I'm already committed to (for) done first...which is about 3-5 other projects including the two I'm currently spending time on. :)

Would you mind enumerating those for me? Offlist is fine, and I might be able to help....maybe. Crap keeps raising it's ugly, misshapen, mutant cranium....took in the truck the FORTH time (damn computer controlled starter interlocks - I have a good mind to rig a bypass...ugly, but I can START the damn thing)

As painful as it is to admit, I do forget mechanics (so I'd have to go review my PDF), but from what little I recall, it DOES seem like WARDOGS might be a better fit than ARES. I'll ponder that while assembling my resources for TWERPS (a side project I've been meaning to do)...

koyodude
Midshipman
Midshipman

Postby koyodude » Fri May 29, 2009 4:10 pm

I'll ponder that while assembling my resources for TWERPS (a side project I've been meaning to do)...

TWERPS? As in Reindeer Games TWERPS? The Worlds Easiest Roleplaying System?

thedugan
Admiral
Admiral

Postby thedugan » Fri May 29, 2009 7:34 pm

koyodude wrote:
I'll ponder that while assembling my resources for TWERPS (a side project I've been meaning to do)...

TWERPS? As in Reindeer Games TWERPS? The Worlds Easiest Roleplaying System?

Yeah...that one.

It's in the "Great pile of stuff I'll get to"....

:roll:

koyodude
Midshipman
Midshipman

Postby koyodude » Fri May 29, 2009 8:05 pm

wow....I was introduced to that game about ten years ago, and you're the only other person Ive ever heard reference it since. I thought it had fallen off everybodys radar, if it ever was on peoples radar to begin with.

thedugan
Admiral
Admiral

Postby thedugan » Sat May 30, 2009 2:07 am

koyodude wrote:wow....I was introduced to that game about ten years ago, and you're the only other person Ive ever heard reference it since. I thought it had fallen off everybodys radar, if it ever was on peoples radar to begin with.

Heh, so we're both masters of the obscure....
:D

I was gaming when it came out, and remember seeing it in the local (after a fashion) gaming store. I also remember thinking it was more a joke than a real game, but I've come to realize that the point was that games had gotten TOO complicated. The game was a reaction to the endless, unnecessary details in RPGs, as well as being a joke of sorts. It was not taken seriously by anyone i was associated with back then - the trend back then was to pile on endless levels of complication, in an attempt to be more "realistic". I figured this out when I had been playing Rolemaster for a year and half.....
:(

There's a Yahoo Group for it, IIRC, it's called "How To Do Everything".

go0gleplex
Admiral
Admiral

Postby go0gleplex » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:31 am

scribble scribble scribble... ;)

Return to “Wardogs”