New project idea

Mechanized warfare in the XXXIV Century

Moderator: go0gleplex

koyodude
Midshipman
Midshipman

New project idea

Postby koyodude » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:19 pm

Finally got my copy of Wardogs, Im completely psyched. Before I bought the game, I had wanted to do a Gear Krieg conversion, but as I read the book, one word kept popping up in the back of my mind.

........Starcraft.......

Has anyone attempted this before?
The only hang up I can possibly see is the Zerg. Being organic creatures, they might present a few problems. Mechanically, everything seems like it would work like normal (they still have thermal sigs, armor is just innate toughness/health, etc.) but a lot of Zerg units are melee attackers. Has anyone experimented with infantry melee?
Since infantry are pretty much at a 1 hex range anyway, is there really any difference?
Anyone have any ideas or suggestions about this?
Is anyone even interested? 8-)

go0gleplex
Admiral
Admiral

Re: New project idea

Postby go0gleplex » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:29 pm

Noone has done this or attempted it to my knowledge. Sounds like it could be a kick.

use infantry squad building and weapons with a house rule of melee range (1 hex) for zerglings. This will actually let you build weaker and stronger zerglings for variation. Hydrolisks might be size 1 or 2 mecha design, using organic/regenerative armor. Spit weapon could be a simple ranged 1-3 continuing damage type...go from there.

Just some off the cuff ideas...looks definitely possible with some pretty basic tweaking.
"Our past shapes us, our choices define us, our desires propel us, and those we let into our hearts give us the strength to persevere even when our dreams lay shattered behind us." - me

Return to “Wardogs”