Question about half loops

Squadron-level WW2 aerial combat
elsyr
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

Postby elsyr » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:01 pm

You know, the more I think about it, the less onerous keeping track of forward movement across turns seems to me. After all, a player is already counting the forward moves between maneuvers anyway. All that would be required is that the player count them at the end of a move, and plop a die down behind the plane or on the base. No biggee.

This would necessitate changing the forward move requirements for the straight and turn movement orders (straight becomes "at least 1Xturn rating forward required before a turn", and turns becomes "turn before at most 1Xturn rating," instead of 2X), but that's no big deal either.

Doug

mj12games
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Postby mj12games » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:49 pm

elsyr wrote:All that would be required is that the player count them at the end of a move, and plop a die down behind the plane or on the base. No biggee.

True enough... although with the counters already out on the board for altitude and maneuver, do you think dice would be too much clutter?
Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
www.mj12games.com

elsyr
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

Postby elsyr » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:22 am

Well, I've sort of got an ace up my sleeve on that. I don't use the altitude counters - I use telescoping flight stands (with 1/300 minis) to indicate altitude.

Doug

Return to “Spitting Fire”