Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby jimbeau » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:18 pm

Yeah, we kick butt!

Faustus21
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Faustus21 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:48 pm

I belive not to the same extent that strat. bombers did.

Torpedo bombers tenned to make their runs in flight's or less I belive. (At least Brits did on attacks at torentino and on the bismark.

But they would tend to keep to a fromation to get to the target to an extent for mutal protection.

So I think both options are still viable, through the first is more likely for them.

thedugan
Admiral
Admiral

Postby thedugan » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:56 pm

Faustus21 wrote:I belive not to the same extent that strat. bombers did.

Torpedo bombers tenned to make their runs in flight's or less I belive. (At least Brits did on attacks at torentino and on the bismark.

But they would tend to keep to a fromation to get to the target to an extent for mutal protection.

So I think both options are still viable, through the first is more likely for them.

Formation wasn't so important, keeping a straight course at the target on terminal approach was.
Becuz I'm da friggin' ART FAIRY - dats why!

Big Bang = Let there be LIGHT!

Taltos
Commander
Commander

Postby Taltos » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:58 pm

jimbeau wrote:Yeah, we kick butt!

We did well. Some nice sweeps by squadrons trapped some isolated opponents. But where we were evenly matched things stayed balanced. Given that our planes were "cheaper" that kept us ahead nicely and drove the Allies from the air.

I felt that that numbers - speed and hits - were a bit high, in that they could drag the game out some. Though, with fewer planes that may be just about right. Hard to judge from that crowded table. :)
The king o' drinks, as I conceive it, Talisker, Islay or Glenlivit
- Robert Louis Stevenson, 1880, 'The Scotsman's Return from Abroad'

taltos_at_mj12games.com
http://www.mj12games.com/ftm
http://www.vbamgames.com/products/vbm250/

underling
Commodore
Commodore

Postby underling » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:20 am

Taltos wrote:I felt that that numbers - speed and hits - were a bit high, in that they could drag the game out some. Though, with fewer planes that may be just about right. Hard to judge from that crowded table. :)

60 planes is probably a bit too many.
In our playtest game last Tuesday, we played with two squadrons of three Spitfires, and two squadrons of four ME-109s, and had a great time.
My guess is the game will really shine using anywhere from two to four squadrons of planes for each side.
Kevin

Return to “Spitting Fire”