Grand Fleets dead?

Naval warfare from 1890 through 1940

Moderator: underling

Grand Fleets dead?

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:40 am

Is it?

The last posts in Mar and June of '11.

Last product released was King and Kaiser back in '09.

??
Spence
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

Re: Grand Fleets dead?

Postby cricket » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:03 pm

Dead? No.

I'd call it "undergoing an identity crisis". Also, "A victim of Dan's changing life circumstances".

Nevertheless, significant progress has been made on a third edition: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3572
Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
www.mj12games.com
cricket
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:46 am

Thanks for the reply.

The last post on the thread from someone I recognize as M12 was way back in 2011.

Not too crazy about aircraft. That is the main reason I have no interest in WW2 naval or moderns.

From the cards it looks like GFIII is going to streamline out a fair bit and add post 1940.
Spence
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

Postby cricket » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:11 pm

Not too crazy about aircraft. That is the main reason I have no interest in WW2 naval or moderns.

Agreed. GF3 will account for aircraft in a fairly abstract way, but the main focus will still be on surface combat.

From the cards it looks like GFIII is going to streamline out a fair bit and add post 1940.

It will streamline a bit, but not by a whole lot. Think "faster play" rather than "loss of detail".

And while the pre-release stuff has been focusing on WW2 ships, it will still handle RJW, WW1, and inter-war scenarios as well as it ever did.

While I don't want to make promises, since the birth of our child has made the amount of time I have to devote to gaming unpredictable at best, I would expect to see some movement on this in February and March.
Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
www.mj12games.com
cricket
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Return to Grand Fleets/Grand Admiral